Skip to main content

Off the Beach... into the City

We have officially been away from the beach for about 4 nights now and although I miss it a bit I am glad to be sight-seeing again. The Greek islands were amazing. Amit and Thy helped me learn how to snorkel better and I went out with them a few times. It was great. There was this one point in Ios where the water was about 3 or 4 different shades of blue and we snorkled out. In the shallow water it was clear blue and there were a few fish here and there but then suddenly there was a huge drop and it was dark, dark blue and there were tons of fish. It was a bit scary and I did not go out very far at all from that point but it was still cool to see. From Ios we went to Mykonos and just hung out there. The boys rented scooters and ATVs (spelling?) and we went around driving. It was pretty cool despite my fear of ATVs. There was this one really steep hill that we could not go up so I let Amit go by himself and I waited down for the rest of them. While I was waiting a nice couple offered to take me up in their car. So I went up and met the boys there and saw a fabulous view of Mykonos. After Mykonos we headed back to Athens where we realized we missed our flight to Berlin by 3 days and got stuck there and spent an extra 200 euros on a flight to Prague. I am still a bit bitter but I will get over it and I have definitely wisened up on the whole traveling bit. We arrived in Prague and it was amazing. People definitely have the wrong impression about Eastern Europe from movies such as Eurotrip. Prague is a beautiful and CLEAN city. The architecture and abundance of spires on buildings were beautiful. Amit and I got sick there (sore throat, cough, etc) so we had to take it easy but we did a walking tour of Prague on our last day there. We learned a lot about the history and it was really fun. Afterwards we had a good meal at this place called the Ropemaker's Pub where I had an authentic Czech dish. One thing about Prague that was awesome was the cheapness. 25 crowns were equal to one dollar so we had a field day with that. We are now currently in Amsterdam. We walked through the red light district yesterday and I was very taken back. Although you hear about the so called "window shopping" there it is completely different to see it with your own eyes. I felt a bit depressed and angry with the fact that women live like that but at the same time I am not as naive to understand that they do it themselves to make money. I am not condoning it in any way just expressing how I feel. It is a degrading spectale for anyone to see. We are now off to explore Amsterdam by day and visit the Heinikein (spelling?) museum. Then we hope to hit up some markets... off I go. Sorry for the slacking on the posting! Love you all... and I will be home in 4 days!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attacks on Mumbai

Here is a letter my uncle wrote to the PM. I hope you all can understand the terror and grief people are experiencing as a result of these attacks... LETTER TO PRIME MINISTER Dear Mr. Prime minister I am a typical mouse from Mumbai. In the local train compartment which has capacity of 100 persons, I travel with 500 more mouse. Mouse at least squeak but we don't even do that. Today I heard your speech. In which you said 'NO BODY WOULD BE SPARED'. I would like to remind you that fourteen years has passed since serial bomb blast in Mumbai took place. Dawood was the main conspirator. Till today he is not caught. All our bolywood actors, our builders, our Gutka king meets him but your Government can not catch him. Reason is simple; all your ministers are hand in glove with him. If any attempt is made to catch him everybody will be exposed. Your statement 'NOBODY WOULD BE SPARED' is nothing but a cruel joke on this unfortunate people of India. Enough is enough. As such af

Say Fromage!

Try saying that instead of ¨say cheese¨next time you take a picture. Man am I loving Europe! I arrived in Spain today after a long but fun train ride from Paris. Ok let me fill you guys in. Last I left off I was telling you about how we were planning on seeing the Lourve, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Pantheon. We made it to all three but with very sore feet. Our bodies took a toll from the 10 hours of walking we did the day before. The Pantheon was a nice place because it provided us with a cool atmosphere. In the Pantheon there are graves of famous people like Emile Zola, Rousseau, and many more. It was interesting to see. It was just a beautiful building. The Notre Dame Cathedral was obviously really beautiful. For some reason I find cathedrals really relaxing and beautiful. The stained glass painting are breathtaking and so peaceful... makes me even more excited for my travel to Italia. The Lourve was HUGE!!! I mean it is on its own another city. We didn´t get to see all of it but

Off I go...

I am sitting here in my basement and I am getting more and more excited! People always dream and talk about how they will one day drop everything and go to Europe... and I get to make that dream come true! Finally, years of saving up and it is going to be spent on the most amazing trip of my life. True I am going with 3 interesting men and NO girls (where my girls at?!?!) but I love them so it's all good. I will try to keep this updated as much as I can and I will post pictures. E-mail me your addys if you want postcards ( amisha01@yahoo.com ). Love you all and wish me well on my journey to... EUROPE!!!! WOO HOO!