Skip to main content

Europa! Europa!

Ok so I am back at it again... Europe Part II. For those who do not know I am going to Venice, Vienna, Budapest, and Zurich. I am very excited! We left on Sunday after a fun saturday in NYC with Neesa and Arti. The plane ride was umcomfortable because the kid behind me kept kicking but it was still great b/c I was flying here! We got to Zurich and took a trian to Santa Lucia, Venice. It is sooo beautiful here!!!! The water is a pretty green and it is breezy/nice. The first night we walked to the Piazza San Marco and found a nice restuarant to eat. I got back into the groove of saying "ciao" "grazi" "prego". It is so much fun to use my limited Italian. Today we took a vaporetti (water taxi) out to the island of Murano to see the glass blowing factory. I bought a little gondola made of glass for my apartment. It was neat to see it again just like the time I went to Caracas, Venezuela. Tonight we plan on meeting a friend at this club called Piccolo Mondo. Tommorow we plan on going to the Accademia museum and then walking to the Ponte Rialto. It is so peaceful here. Today we went to the Basillica San Marco and I still believe that churches are probably the most serene structures... especially the ones in Europe. It was very nice... I also fed the pigeons that flocked around the piazza. If you want to be reminded of Venice go watch "Italian Job" because that is where the robbery takes place. Ok I am out for now! My adventures will continue tomorrow... =)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Attacks on Mumbai

Here is a letter my uncle wrote to the PM. I hope you all can understand the terror and grief people are experiencing as a result of these attacks... LETTER TO PRIME MINISTER Dear Mr. Prime minister I am a typical mouse from Mumbai. In the local train compartment which has capacity of 100 persons, I travel with 500 more mouse. Mouse at least squeak but we don't even do that. Today I heard your speech. In which you said 'NO BODY WOULD BE SPARED'. I would like to remind you that fourteen years has passed since serial bomb blast in Mumbai took place. Dawood was the main conspirator. Till today he is not caught. All our bolywood actors, our builders, our Gutka king meets him but your Government can not catch him. Reason is simple; all your ministers are hand in glove with him. If any attempt is made to catch him everybody will be exposed. Your statement 'NOBODY WOULD BE SPARED' is nothing but a cruel joke on this unfortunate people of India. Enough is enough. As such af

Say Fromage!

Try saying that instead of ¨say cheese¨next time you take a picture. Man am I loving Europe! I arrived in Spain today after a long but fun train ride from Paris. Ok let me fill you guys in. Last I left off I was telling you about how we were planning on seeing the Lourve, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Pantheon. We made it to all three but with very sore feet. Our bodies took a toll from the 10 hours of walking we did the day before. The Pantheon was a nice place because it provided us with a cool atmosphere. In the Pantheon there are graves of famous people like Emile Zola, Rousseau, and many more. It was interesting to see. It was just a beautiful building. The Notre Dame Cathedral was obviously really beautiful. For some reason I find cathedrals really relaxing and beautiful. The stained glass painting are breathtaking and so peaceful... makes me even more excited for my travel to Italia. The Lourve was HUGE!!! I mean it is on its own another city. We didn´t get to see all of it but

Off I go...

I am sitting here in my basement and I am getting more and more excited! People always dream and talk about how they will one day drop everything and go to Europe... and I get to make that dream come true! Finally, years of saving up and it is going to be spent on the most amazing trip of my life. True I am going with 3 interesting men and NO girls (where my girls at?!?!) but I love them so it's all good. I will try to keep this updated as much as I can and I will post pictures. E-mail me your addys if you want postcards ( amisha01@yahoo.com ). Love you all and wish me well on my journey to... EUROPE!!!! WOO HOO!