Skip to main content

MH370

A little less than 2 weeks ago the Malaysia aircraft MH370 that departed from Kuala Lampur to Beijing disappeared. It has been all the talk in the news. It is horrifying. People joke around about it but for someone who travels as much as I do it is simply scary. I know more people die in car accidents... I don't need another lecture. There is something about being up in the air and the feeling of turbulence; the feeling that the stranger sitting next to you or across from you may be the last person you spend time with. I don't know why but it scares me more to fly now than before. I have visited 30 countries total; in my thirtieth year of life. Quite a milestone but for some reason I feel like I am battling with Zeus each time I check in for a flight. In regards to MH370, the anticipation and agony that they may never know what happened I would imagine could leave someone feeling empty forever. I imagine what last thoughts flashed through the passengers minds; my heart goes out for them and their families.

Here is an interesting and to me a more plausible theory than others: http://www.businessinsider.com/malaysia-plane-fire-2014-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Paris is the city of love...

at least that is what my shirt says. hey guys! i miss u all but i am having a fantastic time. the airplane ride and chunnel ride was tired but it was still cool. oh something i learned... backpacking is NOT EASY!!!!!!!! i almost collasped b/c it is sooo heavy but i am definitely getting stronger each day. the first night in paris we took a long walk to the seine river and then got some crepes from a street stand. it is really awesome being here. Paris is AMAZING! the people are friendly and do not gawk at the tourists. the place is like the best of all my favorite cities plus more. there is so much diversity and the atmosphere is really relaxed. anyways... we walked for 10 hours yesterday and saw centre george pompidou, picasso museum, eiffle tower, arc de triomphe, and so much more. everything is just like people desrcibe it. the tower is HUGE!!! today we plan on seeing the lourve, notre dame cathedral, and do some shopping. Tomorrow we are off to versailles which is supposed to be re

Attacks on Mumbai

Here is a letter my uncle wrote to the PM. I hope you all can understand the terror and grief people are experiencing as a result of these attacks... LETTER TO PRIME MINISTER Dear Mr. Prime minister I am a typical mouse from Mumbai. In the local train compartment which has capacity of 100 persons, I travel with 500 more mouse. Mouse at least squeak but we don't even do that. Today I heard your speech. In which you said 'NO BODY WOULD BE SPARED'. I would like to remind you that fourteen years has passed since serial bomb blast in Mumbai took place. Dawood was the main conspirator. Till today he is not caught. All our bolywood actors, our builders, our Gutka king meets him but your Government can not catch him. Reason is simple; all your ministers are hand in glove with him. If any attempt is made to catch him everybody will be exposed. Your statement 'NOBODY WOULD BE SPARED' is nothing but a cruel joke on this unfortunate people of India. Enough is enough. As such af

Say Fromage!

Try saying that instead of ¨say cheese¨next time you take a picture. Man am I loving Europe! I arrived in Spain today after a long but fun train ride from Paris. Ok let me fill you guys in. Last I left off I was telling you about how we were planning on seeing the Lourve, Notre Dame Cathedral, and the Pantheon. We made it to all three but with very sore feet. Our bodies took a toll from the 10 hours of walking we did the day before. The Pantheon was a nice place because it provided us with a cool atmosphere. In the Pantheon there are graves of famous people like Emile Zola, Rousseau, and many more. It was interesting to see. It was just a beautiful building. The Notre Dame Cathedral was obviously really beautiful. For some reason I find cathedrals really relaxing and beautiful. The stained glass painting are breathtaking and so peaceful... makes me even more excited for my travel to Italia. The Lourve was HUGE!!! I mean it is on its own another city. We didn´t get to see all of it but